We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in twenty years. We have entered the world’s top 30 agencies and have ambition to break the top ten by 2020. We have over 25 offices, 600 employees and revenues of $65m and rising. Our success is due to a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions and is reflected in being named PRCA’s International Agency of the Year for 2015.
Central to our growth has been our policy of reinvestment, with the majority of profits returning to the company to propel development, including our Rise training Academy. We are the fourth fastest growing agency in the global top 50. What makes us different is that, not only are we independent, but we are 100% employee-owned.
As we rapidly scale the business, our challenge is not to lose any of our character. We must establish a clear and visible brand in the marketplace. We must be seen as entrepreneurial, agile, creative, credible and professional. We believe that we are on the cusp of something truly remarkable in our industry.
Purpose of the role
The Account Director is responsible for spearheading the overall account growth and development of existing accounts(s) and ensuring the client’s expectations are being met, while facilitating strong agency performance and profitability.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Nurture and maintain good relationships on a day-to-day basis with senior-level clients
- Lead and manage strategic day-to-day management of account team to ensure client’s business and tactical needs are being met
- Be a thought-leader and provide strategic direction to cross-agency disciplines (creative, media, analytics) to inform agency deliverables
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the client’s business/industry and competitive marketplace
- Apply analysis and research to inform strategic recommendations and drive decisions
- Accountable for the quality of work that is delivered to the client across all agency disciplines
- Provide solutions and ideas that address the client’s business and marketing challenges and help expand the client/agency partnership
- Develop, mentor and grow account team
- Aggressively pursue new ways to contribute to overall agency and account revenue and profitability
- Play a primary role in coordinating strategy and materials for new-business pitches
- Work with senior management to identify best and new processes which drive efficiency and effectiveness for the overall agency
- Work with the account team to develop and deliver strategic client presentations or recommendations and lead strategic discussions
- Work with senior management to evaluate account performance and profitability
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
- 9+ years of experience in marketing, advertising or digital marketing firm
- Experience managing mid-large level digital accounts for national/account brands
- Detailed knowledge of several areas of digital marketing techniques/channels (i.e. display, SEM, SEO, mobile)
- Knowledge of integrated marketing communications (digital, brand, direct marketing)
- Effectively able to articulate and sell all agency services