This is one of the most critical jobs in the entire agency: client facing, it demands quick but creative thinking, team management, effective time management and delegation.
We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in just 22 years. We have grown every year since foundation due to a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Our ambition is to break into the top ten by 2020. We have a network of 25 offices, 550 employees and revenue of $64m. Not bad for an agency that doesn’t take itself too seriously.
What’s behind our success? Well, we’re independent so we can continually reinvest the majority of our profits in the company to propel development. We invest wisely in growth areas such as our social, digital and content teams. We challenge ourselves to stay one step ahead of the competition by delivering innovative solutions for clients which can be activated at pace and scale.
We are agile, bold, collaborative, inquisitive and spirited. We are Team LEWIS. And we believe that we are on the cusp of something truly remarkable in our industry.
The account manager owns the client relationship. He or she is responsible for meeting client expectations and ensuring the client is kept fully up to date with activity on the account. In addition he/she is responsible for developing that relationship by identifying and selling additional services, either as a value add, or on top of the retainer.
He or she is responsible for the leadership and motivation of the team, ensuring individuals are continuing to develop and thrive in their roles. Qualities and Skills
- Attention to detail
- Proven writing ability
- Creative thinking
- Understanding of client business issues and requirements
- Polished and professional appearance
- Highly developed presentation skills
- Thorough knowledge of media: print and broadcast
- Understanding of market research and analysis
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Calmness under pressure and ability to achieve tight deadlines
- Ability to interact with confidence at board-level with clients
- Proven ability to keep abreast of current affairs and relate them to client situations
- Expertise in social media tools and approaches
- 5 to 6 years experience with at least 2 to 3 years in a PR company as a senior account executive handling tech or consumer clients
Salary & benefits
- Line management of the account team, including coaching, supervision, assessment and review of staff
- Developing and managing a PR plan
- Setting team objectives on daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Monitoring achievement against objectives to ensure they are met
- Monitoring team activity levels against budget
- Liaison with consultants outside the team such as analyst relations, public relations and creative services
- Booking and managing client meetings
- Ensuring that all activity and results are reported back to the client
- Managing the clients’ expectations
- Managing the client to ensure that client tasks and commitments are clearly communicated, and that consequences of missed deadlines are clear
- Communicating account performance internally (account reviews)
- Understanding and engagement in social media strategy and execution for clients
- Participation in preparation and presentation of pitches for new business
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package includes paid health insurance, paid vacation days, birthday off, public holidays and potential for international travel.