Digital Project Manager
We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in just twenty two years. We have grown every year since foundation due to a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Our ambition is to break into the top ten by 2020. We have a network of 30 offices, 550 employees and revenues of $64m. Our success is reflected in being named PRCA’s International Agency of the Year for 2015.
Central to our growth has been our policy of reinvestment, with the majority of profits returning to the company to propel development. What makes us different is that, not only are we independent, but we are 100% employee-owned.
As we rapidly scale the business, our challenge is not to lose any of our character. We are agile, bold, collaborative, inquisitive and spirited. And we believe that we are on the cusp of something truly remarkable in our industry.
Purpose of the role
The Digital Project Manager works with multi-disciplinary teams to define project scopes in detail, plan delivery, ensure the teams’ adherence to scope and plan as well as delivery to quality, deadline and budget whilst maintaining communication, documentation. With an ability to work under pressure, prioritise, multi-task and manage the project delivery process from concept to completion - and optimisation - the Digital Project Manager remains a champion of process and most of all a motivating team player. Capable of building confidence, earning trust and gaining respect with clients, teams and colleagues across the LEWIS business, the Digital Project Manager will manage diverse stakeholder groups, and will also act as a conduit of project information from client and client services to the Senior Project Manager and project team.
The Digital Project Manager is the guardian of their project case load, with a clear focus on quality delivery, and is confident in this role.
Key responsibilities and tasks
Project definition and governance:
- Interpret business requirements, project briefs, and determine appropriate approach.
- Plan, run and document requirements and discovery workshops.
- Author and maintain project specification documentation.
- Identify and document project objectives, timescales and cost estimates.
- Define communication, quality and approval plans.
- Create and maintain risks/issues and change controls.
- Organise and deliver projects to plan, budget and quality, assessing and mitigating risks throughout.
- Scope, cost, plan, manage, and execute technically complex projects.
- Identify, book, manage, brief, and utilise resources against project scope.
- Recognise, manage, and mitigate project risks and issues.
- Document, organise, and lead project status/ project meetings - both internally and with client.
- Monitor, report, and forecast to project costs.
- Manage and maintain day-to-day operations and delivery of projects and scope.
- Outline, manage, and review QA and approval processes internally and with clients.
- Manage day-to-day client liaison and expectations.
- Schedule and chair regular project status update meetings with client teams.
- Schedule and chair regular project status meetings / stand ups with project teams.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to the Senior Project Manager, Client Services team, client and other project stakeholders using agreed tools and systems.
- Resolve and/or escalates issues and actively reduce risks to project delivery and client relationships.
Budget and commercial management:
- Motivate project teams to work to plan and deliver their tasks to schedule and budget.
- Schedule and chair regular project team planning sessions against budgets.
- Track the progress of project budgets, ensuring that budget expectations are managed/raised with clients and the change control process invoked when necessary.
- Manage internal expectations around budget over-runs and associated resourcing impact.
- Adhere to agency costing, revenue recognition and invoicing procedures.
- Encourage and inspire excellence in project teams.
- Motivate project teams to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Consistently acknowledge and appreciate each team member's contribution.
- Record and share lessons learned with team members to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Maintain a good understanding of LEWIS Purestone’s technologies, web development technologies and best practices.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of LEWIS Purestone’s production capabilities.
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging trends and technologies and their potential within client projects.
- Ensure task/project documentation is always current and job folders are set up and maintained correctly.
- Ensure job records and Synergist are updated weekly and support the Client Services teams reporting routines.
- Accurately report activity levels and project spend through timely completion of timesheets.
- Demonstrate an understanding of our clients’ businesses and the context of their projects.
- Identify additional opportunities as they relate to a specific project or client.
- Maintain and develop lasting client relationships.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Be mindful of wider agency and client objectives and work with the Client Services and other agency teams to deliver against them.
- Work closely with line manager to maximise own strengths, improve weaknesses and support individual career development.
- Takes a proactive role in promoting the LEWIS brand, its work, identity and values
- Supports the HR / talent team by promoting both internal and external opportunities at LEWIS across social media and via the referral scheme.
- Contributes and supports the continuous improvement of LEWIS systems, practices and policies.
- Regularly attends LEWIS training sessions to enhance skills and develop knowledge.
- 3+ years Project Management experience in a digital agency, consultancy or software environment.
- 2+ year practising one or more recognised methodologies and/or frameworks (we use waterfall, agile and lean methodologies, dependent on project fit).
- A proven track record of successfully delivering high quality digital products and services to time, specification and budget.
- A well-rounded understanding of modern web technologies.
- Experience of delivering technically sophisticated / complex projects – demonstrable ability to talk the talk with clients, suppliers and developers.
- Experience of project tools such as MS Project, Jira, InVision, Slack an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written including Technical Writing.
What else is important:
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Well organised, detail driven and results orientated.
- Effective planning, organisational and co-ordination skills.
- Influencing skills, able to motivate and inspire a team.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, able to adapt project management style to deal with different people and environments.
- A passion for digital; interest in latest digital trends, technology and innovation.