When ransomware attacks rose to prominence, LEWIS and Intermedia saw an opportunity to be an opportunist response resource to the threat.
A report detailing the rise and impact of ransomware was developed with the following goals in mind:
- Findings that remain relevant for at least six months
- Fast project turnaround to fit it into seasonal media campaign
- Clearly defined media storylines with relevant data points
- Procurement of ongoing tech and business coverage
We secured coverage in Entrepreneur, Forbes and SC Magazine. In addition to research stats, many articles included key messaging for Intermedia’s back-up and file sharing product, SecuriSync. 60% of inbound SecuriSync leads were related to ransomware topics. The research continues to gain attention nearly one year after being released.
“The LEWIS team identified a budding trend and developed a strategy for how Intermedia could insert itself at the forefront of the news event, long term. This campaign has resulted in coverage and media relationships that we hadn’t seen prior with the likes of Forbes and Entrepreneur. It has easily been our most successful campaign to date, and continues to drive PR coverage and organic interest and leads nearly a year later.”
- Melanie Lombardi, Sr. Communications Manager at Intermedia
Go back to client stories